facebook js

Follow Planet-Soaring on Facebook

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Another Martinet maiden flight

Olivier Bordes did his maiden flight today at BriƩ with a strong wind. First without ballast, then with 650gr he borrowed me.

On my side, I'm playing with the CG of my Martinet which moved already from 103 mm to 109 mm. The martinet now gives a amazing grip and an extremely good energy retention.

Next session tomorrow depending of the weather...





In addition to my Martinet, I flew my Vector DS. Conditions were good but a little bit turbulent, and I could feel the limit of handling of a 2 meters plane. I'm convinced that the best wingspan for sport DS is around 2.4 ~ 2.5m. Below the control becomes harder, above this is the structure that suffers too much and need massive carbon reinforcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jehnedi (CZ) F3G Eurotour final contest report

Text and photos:  Sebastian Haase (German version below) In my last and first report on the new, young and upcoming FAI class F3G, Pierre an...