Today is the national tribute of the whole country to the victims of the Paris attack the 13th of November. All my thoughts are for the families.
Friday, November 27, 2015
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Sunday, November 15, 2015
There are no words to express my sadness since friday night after the terrible tragedy in Paris with all these acts of barbarism. These terrorists are not humans, even not animals, and they should already know that they will fail and not reach their objective.
I just wanted to express my sincere condolences to all the families, people touched by this tragedy. All my thoughts go to the victims and their families.
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Last week-end, my mobius action cam and its pod jumped on another plane today ! We went to the col de Faisses and met with Martial Faure who flew his Baudis ASW22. It is a 1/5 scale glider, with the following characteristics:
- Wingspan 5300 mm
- Wing area 68 dm2
- Aspect ratio 41,3
- Length 1600 mm
- Wing loading aprox. 74g / dm2
- Airfoil HQ 2,5/13 - 1,5/10
Conditions where smooth, but very nice, and especially warm for november. Here is my photo album on this plane that I could pilot few minute: very different from my usual F3F plane, believe me !
And the video made from the 8 minutes of rushes I got before the Mobius battery dies.
Thursday, November 5, 2015
Second video of the Vagabond XL, at col de Faisses, with some onboard video sequences. Overall, I have prefered the XL version compared to the standard version. I found it more polyvalent, with a wider flying envelop.
Monday, November 2, 2015
Thursday, October 29, 2015
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Breaking news ! Next friday, Multiplex is going to announce/release a new 2.4 GHz M-LINK middle class transmitter COCKPIT SX 7/9 for thumbs flyers. With a weight of 846g, it features a 3.5 inches large TFT color touch screen with telemetry display and day / night switching, allowing easy programming like on a smartphone.
Some other features:
- Intelligent Speech (D, E, F) via speaker or earphone jack
- Model Wizard: Predefined templates for nearly all common wing and helicopter models
- IOAT antenna - integrated emission optimized antenna technology with extremely high range
- High precision stick units from the PROFI TX, 4 ballraces
- MSB / SRXL DVR technology BUS integration of sensors and servos
- long battery life
- Future-proof thanks to an upgradable software!
- Cockpit SX 7 Sender only - EUR 379,90
- Cockpit SX 7 Set / TX + Receiver RX 7 DR - EUR 399,90
- Cockpit SX 9 Sender Only EUR - 439,90
- Cockpit SX 9 Set / TX + Receiver RX 9 DR - EUR 479,90
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Probably the best video I did this season. It was at Font D'urle, during the french league contest. I used my GoPro in rotating timelaspe and my Lumix FZ 1000 Bridge which has 120 images/seconds 1080p slowmotion capabilities. Few hours of editing and this is the result. Hope you will like it !
This spreadsheet developped by Attila Laczko in 2003 is on planet-soaring server for a while. I have translated it in english so everybody can use it. It allows to calculate the angle of incidence between the wing and the tail. You just need a ruler !