facebook js

Follow Planet-Soaring on Facebook

Monday, November 2, 2009

Viking Race Selection

This week-end was the first VKR selection contest for the french F3F team. Qualification process is based on the 3 best results among 4 contests (French championship 2008, French championship 2009, and 2 dedicated selection contests only with the pilots interested.



We managed to do 3 rounds on staturday at Quillan (2 rounds on slope A, then 1 on slope B), and 10 rounds at Laurac on slope B. Competition has been pretty hard for every body because conditions were changing very quickly even during a single flight. I finished 2nd of the contest, with my Freestyler, just behind Thibaud Ringenbach who flew great all the week end with his new Freestyler. If I had cut less, I could have win the competition but I had too much problem with anticipation at base A that was divergent (open). This is the first time I cut 4 ou 5 times at the same turn during a contest.



Overall, with my results, I'm first of the qualification ranking and even don't need the last selection contest. I'll will therefore join the Team 1 for the next Viking Race.


I will attend the last selection contest just for fun, in order to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jehnedi (CZ) F3G Eurotour final contest report

Text and photos:  Sebastian Haase (German version below) In my last and first report on the new, young and upcoming FAI class F3G, Pierre an...