On this picture you see that the DS95 is 2mm larger, but shorter. used in tandem, I can save few centimeters on the servo tray, so more space for the battery and the receiver.
The DS95 is primary an helicopter servo. But the specifications of this little monster make it a premium choice for a F3X V-tail elevator, giving plenty of power in addition to the precision and extra fast speed even if I will use 4 nimh Eneloop cells in the glider.
Here are the specifications:
- Operating Voltage: 4.8~6.0 V DC Volts
- Operating Speed (4.8V): 0.066 sec/60° degrees at no load
- Operating Speed (6V): 0.053 sec/60° dagrees at no load
- Stall Torque (4.8V): 2.44 kg-cm (33.88oz/in)
- Stall Torque (6V): 3.05 kg-cm (42.36oz/in)
- 360° Modifiable: YES
- Motor Type: Coreless Motor
- Potentiometer Drive: Direct Drive
- Bearing Type: Dual Ball Bearings
- Gear Type: Chrome-Titanium alloy gear
- Dimensions: 23X12X27.25 mm (0.9X0.47X1.07 in)
- Weight: 21.21 g (0.74 oz)
This new little servos seems to be a killer and will certainly give good results on elevators. Lots of F3X pilots started to use it already.