facebook js

Follow Planet-Soaring on Facebook

Monday, February 14, 2011

Winter Regional league: Another win with the Ambrosia F3X

Yesterday was my second competition with the Ambrosia F3X, and after a battle with my F3F mate Yves Tirand and his Vampire, I finally won the competition, after 10 rounds, taking the best time of the comp with 41.43s.







I continue to discover the Ambrosia F3X: Last week, I moved the CG to 102 mm. Yesterday, before the comp, I again mode backward the CG by supressing 20 to 25g from the nose. Then during the competition, I played with ballast, putting 1 more ballast in the rear compartiment, which gave excellent result, and still no bad habits. I'm probably now at 105mm, maybe more. Another point is that the Ambrosia F3X carries ballast very well. If you can climb enough during the first 30 seconds, then the plane keeps the energy very well. According to the pilots presents, the Ambrosia is pretty stable compared to other plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jehnedi (CZ) F3G Eurotour final contest report

Text and photos:  Sebastian Haase (German version below) In my last and first report on the new, young and upcoming FAI class F3G, Pierre an...