I finished the assembly of the Thyphoon as the weather was not good enough to fly. It took a little more time than usual because of some surprises:
Both the aileron and the flap horns made from epoxy plate and that come already installed are not at the correct height. The consequence is that a metal clevis cannot move freely, even after some sanding. I decided to changed the horn, finally swapped them with brass horns I had in stock. Apparently, according to the UK forum, I’m not the only typhoon owner having this issue. Of course this is not a big deal, but it’s still frustrating.
The second surprise came from the balancing. I was aware that the plane would need lots of lead to obtain the right CG, but not so much ! I needed 210 grams to obtain a CG around 86 mm. I had to change the layout and put the battery under the receiver, and clear the maximum of space for the nose lead. I suppressed the switch and use JST plugs instead.
The receiver is finally an Assan 2.4 Ghz. It is install on a piece of white hard foam that allow to maintain it far enough from the battery, and insert the 2 small antennas in the foam to optimize their position and optimize the reception.
The final weight is 1620 gr.
I also sanded a little bit the wing joiner to ease the mounting.
You will fine all the pictures of the assembling here: picasa album
The plane is now ready to fly !
Manufacturer website: RCRCM
Distributor for France : http://www.wittnaircomposite.com/
Follow Planet-Soaring on Facebook
I had the chance to visit FLASH RC ( www.flashrc.com ) last week and participate to the unboxing of the Alpina Carbotec (Electro version) wi...
by Yannick Selles and Pierre Rondel Introduction The purpose of this article is to propose you to "build" your own Blu...
Deux ans après la sortie du populaire et réussi Solius, Multiplex récidive avec une nouveauté présentée à Nuremberg, dans la parfaite...
(version française à la fin) Hello everyone, Following the closure of the RC-Slopes site and so that the exceptional contribution o...