facebook js

Follow Planet-Soaring on Facebook

Saturday, January 2, 2021

MicroMax assembly completed !


The build went well, but I'm not used to have such small space for radio installation !

The only small issue I encountered was the elevator control horn holes which were too large (1mm) for the 0.8mm piano wire. To fix it, I added a second thin plate of carbon (coming from the servo covers) and re-drilled at 0.8mm.

I ended with a empty flying weight of 227gr, with 8gr of balance lead for a CG at 65mm.

For the ballast, I found an aluminium profile of the right dimension, so could mold 2 ballasts: one at 85 grs, the big one at 190grs.

Maiden flight as soon as weather permits as we have bad weather and snow at the moment.

Assembly log photo album is here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sAKzQPUn57GqXof79

No comments:

Post a Comment

F3G and F3B in Kulmbach / Germany, a tradition continues!

From May 10th to May 12th, 2024, the Kulmbach model aircraft association organized a combined competition on its own model aircraft site nea...