facebook js

Follow Planet-Soaring on Facebook

Saturday, January 2, 2021

MicroMax assembly completed !

 


The build went well, but I'm not used to have such small space for radio installation !

The only small issue I encountered was the elevator control horn holes which were too large (1mm) for the 0.8mm piano wire. To fix it, I added a second thin plate of carbon (coming from the servo covers) and re-drilled at 0.8mm.

I ended with a empty flying weight of 227gr, with 8gr of balance lead for a CG at 65mm.

For the ballast, I found an aluminium profile of the right dimension, so could mold 2 ballasts: one at 85 grs, the big one at 190grs.

Maiden flight as soon as weather permits as we have bad weather and snow at the moment.

Assembly log photo album is here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sAKzQPUn57GqXof79












No comments:

Post a Comment

Jehnedi (CZ) F3G Eurotour final contest report

Text and photos:  Sebastian Haase (German version below) In my last and first report on the new, young and upcoming FAI class F3G, Pierre an...